- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Eastern is a driving force for the culture, economy and vitality of the Inland Northwest region. The university's beautiful campus, NCAA Division I athletics and opportunities for hands-on, real-world learning provide a classic, yet unique college experience.
Main Campus Contact
Cheney, WA 99004
University Advancement, headed by Vice President Michael Westfall, leads an integrated and collaborative effort to develop, communicate and enhance Eastern Washington University's image and academic reputation; build and nurture relationships with its constituents; and secure philanthropic investment in the university's strategic goals, its programs and students.
The multiple roles of University Advancement are facilitated by the teams of:
- Advancement Services (infrastructure)
- Marketing & Communications (inform)
- Alumni Advancement (involve)
- Development (invest)
University Advancement builds a compelling case for choice and support of Eastern Washington University among all of its constituents by communicating and advocating for the university's distinctive regional position, role and contributions, thus forging relationships and securing commitments required to advance the institution's mission and priorities.
Our vision is to be recognized for a pivotal leadership role in:
- Transforming EWU into a university of choice;
- Generating prospective student interest and affinity leading to continued record enrollment;
- Garnering statewide and national recognition for EWU as a model of educational innovation;
- Stimulating financial investment that ensures the success of the university's mission and goals;
- Cultivating the university's most valuable strategic relationships among business, community, educational, cultural and political leaders;
- Planning and executing record-breaking comprehensive campaigns.
With a spirit of professionalism, and in an environment that encourages teamwork and personal growth, University Advancement commits to these values:
- Excellence: We take pride in our work and strive for the highest quality.
- Innovation: We empower ourselves and others to be risk-takers and reach beyond the current paradigm; we are open to change and creative new ideas in fulfilling our mission.
- Transparency and Accountability: As stewards of the public trust, we ensure that promises to our supporters are fulfilled and hold ourselves accountable for using our resources wisely.
- Ethical Action: We adhere to high ethical standards; we build relationships based on trust, honesty and integrity; and we respect privacy and confidentiality.
Learn more about the Advancement Strategic Divisional Plan
Learn more about the EWU Foundation