- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Campus Sustainability CommitteeCampus Sustainability CommitteeEWU Sustainability News
307 Showalter Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Campus Sustainability Committee
Mission Statement for Sustainability Committee
The mission of Eastern Washington University's Sustainability Committee to support university leadership in its goal of promoting environmental sustainability and reducing the impact of university operations has on the environment. The committee is charged with being an instrument for the discussion of sustainability and energy conservation between the various campus stakeholders. The committee will report to and provide information to the president, for comment and direction.
1. Goal Development - Provide to the president recommendations for sustainable goals for the university and schedules to meet those goals. Review and recommend KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) to track progress against goals. Goals will be both short and long term in nature and within our current budgetary considerations.
2. Communication - A sounding board for university stakeholders and shareholders to provide input into university conservation and sustainability issues. This group will assist in keeping the university aware of upcoming actions required to meet our obligations to the American Colleges and University President's Climate Commitment and legislative requirements of the State of Washington. This committee will also report back to stakeholders the direction of the president with regard to submitted initiatives.
3. Proposal Review/Recommendation - Research and review of potential projects and initiatives brought forward from stakeholders that would benefit Eastern to meeting and exceed the commitment to sustainability and natural resource conservation. This group will offer support to putting the ideas into a format for review and decision by the president.
4. Education - This committee will also provide information to the campus community on items of interest, events and opportunities for increased knowledge of the university's direction with regards to conservation and sustainability.
- May 23, 2012 Meeting Agenda
- February 19, 2014 Meeting Agenda
- March 6, 2014 Meeting Agenda
- April 10, 2014 Meeting Agenda
- May 23, 2012 Meeting Notes
- February 19, 2014 Meeting Notes
- March 6, 2014 Meeting Notes
- April 10, 2014 Meeting Notes
- June 5, 2014 Meeting Notes
- October 2, 2014 Meeting Notes
- October 16, 2014 Meeting Notes