- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Eastern Washington University is home to a vibrant campus community, engaged faculty and staff and active student clubs and organizations. University Marketing and Communications handles a wide variety of communications including media, both on- and off-campus. To find out more about what's going on at EWU, browse the selections below.
Main Campus Contact
Cheney, WA 99004
Date and Time
Monday-Friday, April 22-26, 2013 | Various times, see link below
Various locations, see link below
EWU Pride Center
For a full list of events, please visit the Pride Center Website.
MONDAY, April 22
Ally Scavenger Hunt
- Students who find the most LGBTQ allies on campus will win a prize!
- 3-5pm - Pride Center - SHOW 105
- Students Meet in SHOW 105 at 3pm
Spoken Word (sponsored by Eagle Entertainment)
- Two spoken word artists speak about gender, love, sexuality, spirituality and more....
- Katie Wirsing- Never afraid of difficult truths, Katie has toured her way to stages around the world speaking on issues from gender, love, sexuality, and spirituality to jello wrestling and her Grandmother's love of hot dogs.
- Chas- Chas began performing poetry as a dare and hasn't stopped since, he was one of the breakout stars of the FX television show, "Black.White." (produced by Ice Cube). Performing his original poetry he received high praise for his work on the show that later went on to win an Emmy award.
- 7pm - MPR
TUESDAY, April 23
Harvey Katz (aka Athens Boys Choir)
- Transgender Artist and Activist - A Gender Deviant, Multi-Media, SpokenWord/ Homo-Hop Extraveganza
- Noon - Campus Mall (part of Voices Against Violence)
A Conversation with Harvey Katz
- Join Harvey Katz in the Pride Center for a conversation about his work and activism
- 2pm - SHOW 105
Popcorn and a Move in the Pride Center
- Watch and discuss an LGBTQ themed movie and munch on a little popcorn.
- 3pm - SHOW 105
WEDNESDAY, April 24
Speak Up - Fighting Bigotry & Bias on Campus
- Faculty/Staff Workshops - 9am & Noon
- Student Workshop - 3pm
- JFK Library - L23 - Lower Level
THURSDAY, April 25
- Original and current members of Spokane PFLAG (Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays)
- share their stories and history
- 3pm - Monroe 205
Zach Wahls (sponsored by Eagle Entertainment)
- Lessons of Love, Strength and What Makes a Family
- 7pm - MPR
FRIDAY, April 26
- Bring your costume and/or mask and dance the night away
- 7-11pm - Tawanka 215
Contact: 509.359.7870 or email@example.com