- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Spotlight on Eastern
Eastern Washington University is home to a vibrant campus community, engaged faculty and staff and active student clubs and organizations. University Marketing and Communications handles a wide variety of communications including media, both on- and off-campus. To find out more about what's going on at EWU, browse the selections below.
Main Campus Contact
Cheney, WA 99004
Spotlight on Eastern
- Generations apart, two EWU alumnae define success27 Views Barbara Shields, 84 years young: “It’s being the best you can be.” Hannah Seagrave, 21: “Success is not how high your GPA is or how many years it takes to gain a diploma, rather it is a valuable accomplishment because success means you did your best in all aspects of life.”
- Melissa Williams on her experience at EWU583 Views EWU Women's Basketball star Melissa Williams explains what makes EWU incREDible
- What are You Thankful for?760 Views The holiday season is here again, and it wouldn’t seem like Thanksgiving at Eastern Washington University without giving thanks to you
- Discover what’s so incREDible about EWU.2419 Views It's the foundation you build on. It's your experience. Your successes, even your failures. It's your university, and it can take you to incredible places.
- Meet a Two-Man 'Band'422 Views You might not think a construction company owner and a student drummer have much in common, but this is Eastern
- If you can play, you can play.2111 Views Let's make sports a comfortable environment on and off the court. We are all equal, no matter our gender, race, religion or sexuality
- Jazz Camp at EWU286 Views The Jazz Dialogue Summer Camp was a result of the successful Jazz Dialogue Festival, which brings unparalleled performances to EWU
- It's About Time to Redesign210 Views A new vision of Pence Union Building has been revealed, one that is more collaborative, functional and beautiful than the original
- EWU Theatre: Get Involved!595 Views Learn about all the ways you can be involved with EWU Theatre in this student-produced promotional video
- Students of Color Symposium423 Views The "Student of Color Symposium" was created to provide an opportunity to foster relationships between EWU and the wider community
- Season's Greeting from EWU!900 Views With record enrollment and scholarships, a new residence hall and a remodeled Patterson, 2013 was a fantastic year for EWU – just ask Swoop
- bigFutures: The Campaign for Eastern1359 Views Learn more about EWU's first-ever comprehensive campaign and our vision to have a big Future
- Meet the CARES Team1742 Views The Community Assistance RESponse (CARES) Team was founded in 2008 by the Spokane Fire Department and the EWU School of Social Work to address the needs of elders and other vulnerable individuals and families who experience health and safety crises and turn to 911 for help.
- Transform the Life of an EWU Student3951 Views You can make a difference just by picking up your phone! Text EAGLES to 50555 to make a $10 donation to EWU scholarships.
- EWU to host FIRST Robotics1607 Views EWU will again be hosting a regional FIRST Robotics Competitions (FRC) on April 4-6, 2013, at EWU's Reese Court Pavilion...
- Veterans Resource Center1724 Views The EWU Veterans Resource Center provides important services and support for our veterans as well as active-duty soldiers, National Guard and Reserve personnel, their spouses and dependents.
- Eastern Hosts FCS Semifinal Dec. 15Eagle Football advances to the semifinals, will host Sam Houston State at "The Inferno" on Saturday, Dec. 15 at 1 p.m. More
- Get your tickets now for Homecoming!836 Views Your EWU Eagles Football Team is #1 in the land! Don't miss the chance to see them in action on the Inferno this weekend for Homecoming!
- New Residence Hall Coming Fall 20135542 Views EWU is currently building a new residence hall that will open fall 2013 and house 354 students. This new living environment will be a place for students to build community, be successful academically and engage in the local and regional community. The new hall is a state-of-the-art building, five stories high with ample social and study spaces.
- Coming Fall 2012 to EPIC Adventures4554 Views Take advantage of the beauty and thrilling recreational opportunities of the surrounding area and go on an EPIC Adventure!
- Take an EWU Student Under Your Wing2358 Views With a gift of any amount to the EWU General Scholarship Fund today, you can take an EWU student under your wing.
- Mary Starkey speaks about Eastern's MBA940 Views Global Credit Union Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Mary Starkey discusses her success with hiring Eastern MBAs.
- Happy Holidays from EWU!1021 Views This holiday season, as we reflect on the past year and all the things we are thankful for at Eastern, the university is excited to share with you some of our most incredible moments.
- American Indian Studies1807 Views Established in 1965, the American Indian Studies Program (AISP) services the needs of Native American students interested in obtaining an undergraduate or graduate degree from Eastern Washington University.
- Student Perspectives2988 Views EWU Communications Graduate Student Holly Hill shares the experiences of several other students at Eastern.
- Living on Campus at EWU10984 Views With accommodations for more than 2,000 students, lots of recreational choices, and a network of support, living on campus offers all you need for the real college experience you hope for.
- Children's Studies4035 Views Learn more about the Children's Studies program at EWU
- EPIC Climbtastic Voyage II2357 Views The 4th Annual Northwest Collegiate Climbing Challenge (NC3). The series of competitions are designed to foster community involvement in and bring attention to the increasingly popular sport of climbing.
- 2011 Get Lit! Festival229 Views Celebrating reading and writing for all ages, the Get Lit! Festival is a weeklong celebration that connects the community with local, new and nationally-known writers. The festival has become an integral part of the artistic and cultural landscape of the Inland Northwest and beyond.
- Road to the Championship - Official Trailer595 Views Relive the fairy tale season that led the Eagles all the way to Frisco, Texas, where they claimed the 2010 Division I FCS National Championship. Pre-order your copy today on DVD or Blu-ray while supplies last at www.goeags.com.
- Welcome to EWU's Fitness Center5941 Views Eastern Washington University Fitness Center Manager Melissa Elfering takes us on a tour of the new facilities.
- Archeological work in Cyprus2495 Views Dr. Georgia (Bonnie) Bazemore, assistant professor of history, speaks of her archeological work in Cyprus. The 1,000-year-old city of Nicosia, the heart of Cyprus and the only remaining divided capital in the world.
- On to the Division IAA Football Championship!595 Views The Eagles are headed to the FCS Championship in Frisco, TX, where thousands of fans will cheer on the team to victory over Delaware in their first FCS Championship appearance.
- Happy Holidays from EWU!1537 Views As we take time during the holiday season to reflect on 2010, we here at Eastern have so many things to be thankful for over the past year.
- Mock Trial Team1188 Views Mock Trial is student organization within the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences and Social Work, and is open to all EWU students.
- The Red Turf ExperienceCheckout the photos from the first football game on Eastern's new red turf.
- Cross Boundaries: Study Abroad4494 Views As a student at EWU, you can study in a variety of locations for up to one academic year while using financial aid and earning credit toward your degree. Learn how to get started on the Study Abroad process and find information about the different resources available
- 2009 Homecoming - "Wild, Wild Eastern"6084 Views On October 24, 2009 the Northern Rangers headed out to Cheney, Washington to take in the Eastern Washington University homecoming game. This is what a football gameday experience at Eastern Washington University is like. Go Eagles!
- Navigating in a New Economy: Paul Dietrich399 Views Paul Dietrich spoke Feb. 24, 2010, at the Red Lion Hotel at the Park in Spokane. Dietrich is the chairman, CEO and co-chief investment officer of Foxhall Capital Management, Inc. He is an international corporate attorney and was formerly associated with two Washington, D.C. law firms, Squire, Sanders & Dempsey, and Jones, Day, Reavis & Pogue. Dietrich is also the principal mutual fund manager of the Shepherd Large Cap Growth Fund. He was sponsored by Greater Spokane Incorporated and the EWU MBA Alumni Association.