- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Spotlight on Eastern
Eastern Washington University is home to a vibrant campus community, engaged faculty and staff and active student clubs and organizations. University Marketing and Communications handles a wide variety of communications including media, both on- and off-campus. To find out more about what's going on at EWU, browse the selections below.
Main Campus Contact
Cheney, WA 99004
2011 Get Lit! Festival
- To watch this video, you must have Adobe Flash 8+ installed.
The Get Lit! Festival is a weeklong celebration that connects the community with local, new and nationally-known writers. The Get Lit! Festival has become an integral part of the artistic and cultural landscape of the Inland Northwest and beyond. As Harold Augenbraum, the Executive Director of the National Book Foundation said, "There are two national literary capitals, Spokane and New York."
Our weeklong celebration of reading and writing offers events for literature lovers of all ages, including:
- readings and lectures
- panel discussions
- poetry slams for children, teens, and college students
- writing contests
- book signings
- visits by festival authors to local K-12 schools and colleges
Our definition of storytelling also allows us to include:
- events that center on graphic novels, playwriting, screenwriting, songwriting, blogging, and spoken-word poetry
- events combined with radio, music, film, and theater performances
- community readings and storytelling events by writers of all ages
The Get Lit! Festival seeks above all to foster a love of reading and writing, and to celebrate the world of literature among all people in our community. We hope that each year more will join with us to embrace the power and magic of words.
For more information, please visit www.ewu.edu/getlit.