- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Spotlight on Eastern
Eastern Washington University is home to a vibrant campus community, engaged faculty and staff and active student clubs and organizations. University Marketing and Communications handles a wide variety of communications including media, both on- and off-campus. To find out more about what's going on at EWU, browse the selections below.
Main Campus Contact
Cheney, WA 99004
It's About Time to Redesign
- To watch this video, you must have Adobe Flash 8+ installed.
Imagine a new PUB that reflects the spirit of collaboration, interaction and opportunity that defines the student union.
- EWU Students: This project is for you! Be sure to vote May 6!
Eastern Washington University has hired Perkins+Will (P+W) to provide architectural/engineering predesign services for the renovation and upgrade of the Pence Union Building (PUB). The goal of the pre-design is to establish a facility that will house programs which meets the expectations of EWU students as they relate to today's modern student union building. P+W have the expertise to engage stakeholders and assist EWU in establishing the best balance of infrastructure and aesthetic improvements with appropriate building program elements.
KEY PROJECT GOALS
- Improve dining options
- Significantly increase student lounge and "hangout" spaces, especially for commuter students
- Develop additional collaborative workspace for student clubs and organizations
- Improve Multi-Purpose Room (MPR) and student event spaces
- Create a campus information desk
- Improve bus access and waiting area
- Update building design to be open and light-filled
- Address safety concerns
- Make building more environmentally friendly and sustainable