- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Financial Aid and ScholarshipsThe Financial Aid and Scholarship Office helps you obtain funding for your higher education. Financial aid includes scholarships, grants, tuition waivers, work study and loans.
102 Sutton Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Aid for Undocumented Students
Washington State Need Grant awards for the 2015-2016 academic year are available for undocumented students who meet the following criteria:
- Apply for admission to EWU by February 15, 2015
- File a WASFA listing EWU as a school choice by February 15, 2015.
- Submit a residency affidavit form (often called a 1079 form) to our Office of Records and Registration by February 15, 2015 and meet the eligibility criteria for resident tuition on http://hb1079.org/.
- Have a family income at or below the EWU eligibility cutoff amount.
In some cases, we may ask you to provide copies of your and/or your parents' 2014 IRS tax transcripts and verification of household size and untaxed income. Be sure to check your EWU student email account periodically for messages related to those items.
Please contact our Financial Aid Office at 509.359.2314 if you have specific questions about Washington State Need Grant eligibility and WASFA awarding processes.
Resources and Information
- Ayuda Financiera del Estudiante en Español
- Comprehensive information for 1079 students
- 1079 EWU Student Aid Information
- Real Hope Act
- List of Scholarships for Undocumented Students in Washington State
Scholarships and funds for students of Hispanic/Latino origin
- American Association of Hispanic Accountants Scholarship Committee - http://www.alpfa.org/
- Amigos de El Salvador - http://www.amigosdeelsalvador.org/becas.html
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute - http://www.chciyouth.org/
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute Inc. - http://www.chci.org/scholarships/
- Consejo de Federaciones Mexicanas en Norteamérica - http://www.cofem.org/
- Dr. Juan Andrade, Jr. Scholarship for Young Hispanic Leaders - http://www.ushli.org/docs/2012%20Scholarship%20Application.pdf
- Hispanic Outlook Scholarship Fund - http://www.hispanicoutlook.com/
- Hispanic Scholarship.com - http://www.hispanicscholarship.com
- Hispanic Scholarship fund - http://www.hsf.net
- Latin American Educational Foundation - www.laef.org
- Latino College Dollars - www.latinocollegedollars.org
- Latino Education Alliance - http://classrooms.tacoma.k12.wa.us/lincoln/sschain/index.php?section=documents
- Mana (A National Latina Organization) - http://www.hermana.org
- Society of Hispanic Professional Stephen Phillips Memorial Scholarship - http://www.phillips-scholarship.org/
- The Dream.US Scholarship Program - http://www.thedream.us/
- The Latino Legal Voice for Civil Rights in America - www.maldef.org
- Univision's "Es El Momento" Scholarship - http://vidayfamilia.univision.com/es-el-momento/educate/noticias/article/2011-10-14/becas-univision?ftloc=channel6291%3AwcmWidgetUimStage&ftpos=channel6291%3AwcmWidgetUimStage%3A1&mid=506
Undocumented students may be able to apply for and receive private alternative bank loans with a credit-worthy U.S. citizen co-signer. Please see the Alternative Loan page for additional details.