- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Financial Aid and Scholarships
The Financial Aid and Scholarship Office helps you obtain funding for your higher education. Financial aid includes scholarships, grants, tuition waivers, work study and loans.
102 Sutton Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
WHO Should Apply
Eligibility requirements for EWU scholarship awards vary depending on criteria specified by the donor. In most cases, recipients must have a minimum 2.80 cumulative grade point average (GPA).
Any student meeting the minimum GPA requirement who is either enrolled in a degree-seeking program or has submitted an admissions application to EWU may be considered for an award. This includes undergraduate, post baccalaureate, master's and doctoral students.
WHEN to Apply
EWU Scholarship applications annually become available by October 1 and are due the following February 15. For 2014-2015 school year, the application is available now and due by February 15, 2014.
- October 1: 2014-15 application available
- February 15: 2014-15 application deadline
- Late February: 2014-15 scholarship review begins
- Mid-April: 2014-15 notification to those selected for a scholarship
- Late-April: 2014-15 notification of those not selected for a scholarship
HOW to Apply
Using your Eastern Student ID, log in to eaglenet.ewu.edu, click on "Financial Aid" and choose the "EWU General Scholarship Application." If you are a new student, your Eastern ID will be on your Admissions Acknowledgement Letter.
- New and Future Undergraduate Students: The University Honors Program may consider late applications; please contact the University Honors Program directly for more details.
- Continuing Undergraduate and All Master's/Doctoral EWU Students: Check with your major department for additional, program specific opportunities and deadlines.
- All Students: Please see Other Opportunities and Outside Resources for additional scholarship options.
Because EWU strives to recognize and reward all deserving students, only one general university scholarship will be awarded per qualifying student.