Skip to main content
Apply Now

Frequently Asked Questions

Do you have to attend classes at your high school while participating in Running Start?

No. A student may choose to either enroll full time at EWU (up to 15 credits) or enroll part time, with the rest of the classes being taken at the high school.

Do all classes and grades from EWU end up on the high school transcript?

Yes. A copy of the student's quarter transcript with grades will be sent to the high school to be recorded on the student's high school transcript.

Who determines what EWU courses fulfill high school graduation requirements?

Each individual high school district determines equivalencies for their students.

Do students need to meet all graduation requirements, including the WASL and the senior culminating project?

Yes. The student must meet his or her school districts qualifications for a high school diploma.

Can a public high school in Washington deny Running Start participation to eligible students?

No. The student simply needs to meet eligibility requirements.

Does EWU offer an AA degree?

No. But a student who completes the EWU lower division general education requirements can transfer to any public Washington State four-year colleges and the receiving institution will accept that the student has met all of their lower division general education requirements.
© 2016 Eastern Washington University
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.