- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
College of Arts, Letters & Education
Welcome to CALE! Where students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members turn to explore, explain, and express the essence of human existence.
213 Martin Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Have Fun, Get Credit
Thinking about golf lessons, getting certified for SCUBA, learning to play guitar or piano, developing your photography skills? The classes listed below are a great way to earn credit while chillin' in a yoga class or tootin' your horn in the marching band. These courses are open to all EWU students.
The artist in you
- ART 155 - Beginning Painting (5 credits)
- ART 304 - Art of Photography (5)
- ART 307 - 3D Design (5)
- ART 325 - Ceramics (5)
- ART 356 - Watercolor (5)
- ART 365 - Sculpture (5)
Let the music play
- MUSC 117 - Piano Class I for Beginners (1 credit)
- MUSC 118 - Piano Class II for Beginners (1)
- MUSC 119 - Piano Class III for Beginners (1)
- MUSC 108 - Instruction on Instrument or Voice (1) These 30-minute private lessons are available to all students. Taking lessons requires that students participate in a major ensemble (band, orchestra, or choir).
- MUSC 331 - Band (2)
- MUSC 332 - Orchestra (2)
- MUSC 333 - Symphonic Choir (2) Ensembles can be taken on their own, no private lessons required. The Music Department offers many other performing ensembles open to all EWU students. Most require an audition or chair placement. For more information, contact Jonathan Middleton, Music Department Chair, 509.359.6116 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A sporting good time
- PHED 125 - PE Activities (1 credit) Offerings include SCUBA Diving, Indoor Cycling, Aqua Aerobics, Swim Conditioning, Zumba, Indoor Soccer, Floor Hockey, Cardio/Step, Golf, Social Dance, Swing Dance, Latin Dance, Rock Climbing, Ballroom Dance, Tennis, Body Jam, Yoga, Body Pump, Karate, Yoga/Pilates Mix, Racquetball, Body Combat, Total Body Conditioning, Volleyball, Basketball, Baseball, Skiing and Snowboarding, TRX Suspension Training, Bowling.
- PHED 150 - Fast Fitness (2)
- PHED 151 - Group Exercise (2)
- PHED 152 - Strength/Weight Training (2)
- RCLS 125 - Recreation and Leisure Services Activities (1) Challenge Ropes Course, River Rafting.
All the World's a Stage
The Eastern Washington University Theatre faculty and staff invite you to become one of the collaborating members of the University Theatre. The fruit of your efforts as performers and backstage participants will be seen and appreciated by thousands of Inland Northwest audience members. Our goal is to provide you with the opportunity to experience and enjoy theatrical performance, and/or technical and design aspects of the theatre in a positive and supportive environment.
The Theatre Program regularly produces three Mainstage productions and at least one Senior Capstone production. All of our auditions are open to students and community members. These plays are produced in the University Theatre on the Cheney Campus. If you have questions about theatre course offerings or production opportunities please feel free to stop by the University Theatre to meet one of our outstanding and accessible faculty members
The EWU Writers' Center is the place to be for one-to-one feedback on essays, presentations, research projects, resumes, creative pieces, and other writing-based assignments. It's totally free and open to all students, faculty and staff.