- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
"I touch the future. I teach." - Christa McAuliffe
Our mission is to prepare student-centered teachers and leaders who are caring, effective, informed, reflective graduates who successfully engage all learners in diverse schools, communities and global contexts.
312 Williamson Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Master of Education in Early Childhood Education
Why is Early Childhood Education Important?
Providing high-quality early learning and development experiences are critically important to create the foundation for children's physical/social/emotional well- being and intellectual growth. Working with children, from birth to age 8, provides an opportunity to not only encourage and support young children's learning, but also to ensure the future of our communities. The careers available with a Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education offer many opportunities that are rewarding.
Master of Education (M.Ed.) - Early Childhood Education
The Master of Education (MEd) in Early Childhood Education (ECE) is designed for graduate candidates to provide advanced knowledge of early childhood education in both certified and non-certified settings. The MEd program in ECE may begin any quarter. Depending on a student's course load, the program can be completed in as little as one year. However, students working full-time and taking night classes normally complete in approximately two years.
Requirements for MEd in ECE
Common requirements credits (25)
- Psychological Foundations
- Historical, Philosophical, & Social Foundations of Education
- Research and Applied Experience
Early Childhood Education specialization credits (23)
To download a copy of the Requirement for the MEd in ECE, click here.
- Teaching certificate or approved 4-year degree (certification is not required)
- Apply online on EagleNET
- Send all official transcripts from all universities attended, except EWU, to the Graduate Studies Office
- Three recommendations (forms sent from Department of Education Graduate Office)
- To download a copy of the application procedures, click here.