- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Physical Education, Health & RecreationOur mission is accomplished by educating students who are professionally and academically prepared and dedicated to addressing the wellness of a diverse society in a variety of environments. We are commited to enhancing quality of life through the promotion of wellness.
Office Location: 252 PEB
Cheney, WA 99004
Master of Science Degree
We also offer a Master of Science Degree with specializations in:
- Exercise Science
- Sports and Recreation Administration
Prospective students should hold a baccalaureate degree in a related field from an accredited institution.
The MS program provides an opportunity for students to focus on one of two areas of specialization: exercise science, and sports and recreation administration. All students are required to take a basic core of courses and select a specialization area. A thesis is required of exercise science students. Students in administration may choose to complete a thesis, research report, or comprehensive examination.
NOTE: This masters degree does NOT lead to a teaching certificate for K-12. For more inforrmation on teaching in the public schools, please contact the Education Department.
GRE scores are NOT REQUIRED. Applicants for admission to the graduate program in physical education must follow the EWU Graduate School admission procedures. Priority application is due by March 1. In addition, the following information must be sent to: PEHR Graduate Program, 200 PEB, Cheney, WA 99004
- three professional letters of recommendation
- two-page professional goals and philosophy statement
Students are admitted for fall quarter only; requests for admittance in other academic quarters are discouraged.
Forms / Links:
What will I study?
Emphases / Concentrations:
- investigate ideas and complete professional tasks as a member of a team
- demonstrate familiarity with the scholarly publications, primary written works, professional organizations and certification/licensure requirements of their specialization
- discuss advanced topics in their area of specialization with an appropriate level of knowledge and application of critical thinking
- design, conduct and report scholarly work
What could I do with my degree?
- The Master of Science degree in physical education prepares students for a diverse array of careers in areas including athletic administration, teaching and coaching, directing fitness facilities and programs in a variety of settings, and sport psychology consultation with athletic teams.
- Applicable to those students interested in pursuing advanced graduate studies in related areas.