- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Therapeutic RecreationTherapeutic recreation specialists are involved in helping individuals with disabilities or illnesses learn the skills necessary to develop satisfying leisure lifestyles.
Therapeutic Recreation Distance and Extended Learning
EWU's Department of Recreation and Leisure Services offers distance and extended learning courses to help professionals in therapeutic recreation reach their education goals in the least restrictive environment.
This program is administered by Dr. John Cogley. His contact information is as follows:
What will I study?
Seven upper-division courses are available: five are theory-based and deal exclusively with therapeutic recreation content, and two are theory-based and deal with general recreation content.
Procedure for Ordering Textbooks:
1) Go to Visit EWU Bookstore; 2) Read Online Textbook Ordering Information; 3) Mark Read & Understand Policies Regarding Returns; 4) Click on Order Textbooks; 5) Select Term; 6) Select Department (RCLS); 7) Select the course(s) you registered for, (course instructor must be Cogley); 8) Select add Course; 9) Check Out
Each 4 credit course costs $574.00 (this includes the mandatory technology fee)
- Textbook Order: visit EWU Bookstore
- Grad requests: visit EagleNet.
- Transcript requests: visit Records and Registration.
- National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification: visit NCTRC
Mandatory Technology Fee: EWU Continuing Education credit courses will be assessed a mandatory technology fee of $3.50 per credit.