- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Campus RecreationCampus Recreation is your one stop shop for everything sports including Club Sports, Intramurals, and Outdoor Recreation activities!
Cheney, WA 99004
Standards Of Conduct
Standards of Conduct
Updated: October 31, 2007
The Code of Conduct shall serve as a standard for how individuals are expected to behave when participating in a NIRSA Championship Series event. Students and staff enrolled in an institution of higher learning assume an obligation to conduct themselves in a manner compatible with the college/university's function as an educational institution. When involved in an event sponsored or endorsed by NIRSA, the participant indicates, by his or her registration in the event, he or she agrees to represent his or her club/team and college/university in a way that does not detract from the reputation of the institution he or she represents, and to act morally and display sportsmanship-like behavior, before, during and after any competition. Guidelines of conduct include, but are not limited to, the examples outlined below.
Guidelines of conduct include, but are not limited to the examples outlined below.
Participants shall not:
- Use drugs, except for medical purposes, while traveling, competing, socializing and/or using facilities including lodging spaces.
- Consume alcohol while traveling, competing or spectating.
- Attend any part of the tournament or tournament events while intoxicated.
- Strike, attempt to strike or otherwise physically abuse any individual.
- Intentionally engage in or incite participants and/or spectators to engage in abusive or violent conduct.
- Use verbal, or non-verbal profanity, disrespectful language, obscene gestures or behavior.
- Violate any rules or policies of the NIRSA Championships, Tournament Hotels/Facilities, or city, state or governmental entities.
Violation of the Standards of Conduct may result in:
- Suspension from the game/match;
- Suspension from the Tournament;
- Forfeiture of any individual or team awards;
- Ejection from the Tournament hotel(s);
- Forfeiture of all games/matches won and possible team elimination from current and future NIRSA sponsored or endorsed events;
- Liability for all monetary damages arising from, or caused by, a participant’s conduct while participating in, and attending, a NIRSA Tournament.
- Notification to University Officials for any violation of the Standards of Conduct by an individual or team.
For More Information:
NIRSA National Center
4185 SW Research Way
Corvallis, OR 97333-1067
tel: 541-766-8211 x15