- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
College of Business and Public Administration
- AACSB accredited business programs since 1974
- Offering an MBA since 1976
- One of the oldest MPA programs in the state of Washington
- One of only 16 accredited URP BA programs in the nation
668 N. Riverpoint Blvd Suite A
Spokane, WA 99202
Professional Accounting (BAB)
Demand for Professional Accounting graduates is high across the United States. Eastern graduates have career opportunities in public accounting, industry, government, and not-for-profit organizations, as well as in such applications as auditing, taxation, information services and management services. Eastern's internship program allows students to work at local accounting firms and other companies, gaining valuable experience and making contacts that can be useful after graduation.
The national accounting fraternity Beta Alpha Psi offers qualified students valuable seminars, guest speakers, company tours and other helpful contacts.
Students who complete the Professional Accounting major will be able to:
- identify ethical issues and apply personal values and professional codes of conduct to resolve ethical issues, including social responsibility and environmental reporting issues;
- develop awareness of diverse perspectives and cultures and their impact on the communication of accounting information in the international arena;
- generate, interpret and communicate accounting information for use in decision making.
SCHOLARSHIPS are available for accounting students. Please visit our scholarship page for more information.
Our business programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
What are the degree options?
The Department of Accounting, Information Systems and Business Analytics offers both a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration with a major in Professional Accounting and minor in Accounting.
What can I do with my degree?
Some students want the added career potential and professional recognition that comes from certification. Some of the professional certificates available to accounting graduates include Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, and Certified Internal Auditor. These certifications are granted to those who pass competitive examinations and meet other requirements.