- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
College of Business and Public Administration
- AACSB accredited business programs since 1974
- Offering an MBA since 1976
- One of the oldest MPA programs in the state of Washington
- One of only 16 accredited URP BA programs in the nation
668 N. Riverpoint Blvd Suite A
Spokane, WA 99202
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration - Professional Accounting
The Professional Accounting major is designed to rigorously prepare students for careers in public accounting CPA firms, industry, government and not-for-profit organizations.
Students who complete the Professional Accounting major will be able to:
- identify ethical issues and apply personal values and professional codes of conduct to resolve ethical issues, including social responsibility and environmental reporting issues;
- develop awareness of diverse perspectives and cultures and their impact on the communication of accounting information in the international arena;
- generate, interpret and communicate accounting information for use in decision making.
Our business programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
The College of Business and Public Administration has specific requirements for formal admission into the Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration (BAB) degree program. These requirements must be met before continuation into upper division business courses. Please see Undergraduate Business Advising for more information on formal admission requirements.
What will I study?
Required Business Administration Core (69 Credits)
Required Accounting Courses ( 44 credits)
ACCT 351 Intermediate Accounting I (4)
ACCT 352 Intermediate Accounting II (4)
ACCT 353 Intermediate Accounting III (4)
ACCT 356 Cost Accounting I (4)
ACCT 357 Cost Accounting II (4)
ACCT 359 Accounting Systems (4)
ACCT 450 Auditing (4)
ACCT 451 Advanced Auditing (4)
ACCT 452 Contemporary Accounting Theory (4)
ACCT 454 Federal Income Tax I (4)
ACCT 455 Federal Income Tax II (4)
Elective (4 credits)
Select one course from the following:
ACCT 358 Accounting for Non-Profit Entities (4)
ACCT 422 Advanced Business Law (4)
ACCT 495 Internship (4)