- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
College of Business and Public Administration
"Focusing on the region - open to the world."
We are pleased you decided to visit us, and hope you might come in person sometime soon. Our college is friendly and attentive to students' needs, and it is easy to get acquainted with other students, staff, and faculty.
668 N. Riverpoint Blvd., Suite A
Spokane, WA 99202-1677
Finance deals with the raising, use, and investment of money or capital by individuals or businesses around the globe. Graduates from this field are valuable in all areas of business, financial institutions, and investment groups.
Students who complete the Finance major will:
- Understand and be able to apply the time value of money;
- Be able to conduct long-term financial analysis in real-world domestic and international applications;
- Be able to integrate the cost of capital (derived from risk, capital structure and market factors) into financial analyses;
- Being able to conduct short-term financial analysis, including cash-flow projections;
- Understand how modern securities, including derivatives, can be used to achieve investment and risk-management objectives.
Our business programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
What are the degree options?
The Department of Management offers a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration with a major in Finance.
What can I do with my degree?
Finance prepares students for financial management careers in business, banking, insurance and securities industries - the very heart of business enterprise. Financial professionals work within businesses, and with financial institutions and securities markets, to meet the needs of business, investors, and consumers.