- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
College of Business and Public Administration
- AACSB accredited business programs since 1974
- Offering an MBA since 1976
- One of the oldest MPA programs in the state of Washington
- One of only 16 accredited URP BA programs in the nation
668 N. Riverpoint Blvd., Suite A
Spokane, WA 99202-1677
International Business (BAB)
The International Business major is for students with career objectives in the management of global business organizations. The major concentrates on the global theories and principles of international economics, management, finance, human resource management and marketing. It focuses on the roles of multinational enterprises in both the host country as well as the world economy.
Students who complete the International Business major will:
- understand how differences in customs and cultures affect businesses operating in the international arena;
- understand the basic differences between the risks faced by domestic and multinational firms including transaction exposure, operating exposure and accounting exposure;
- have a basic knowledge of how to manage these risks.
- have an appreciation for the foreign exchange markets including their participants, size, functions and impacts on international business.
- gain an appreciation of how social and political factors influence global business.
The International Business minor is recommended for students who wish to work in organizations that are engaged in global business activities and want to be prepared to meet the challenges of ever-increasing global interdependence.
Our business programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
What are the degree options?
The Department of Management offers both a major and minor in International Business.
What can I do with my degree?