- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
College of Business and Public Administration
"Focusing on the region - open to the world."
We are pleased you decided to visit us, and hope you might come in person sometime soon. Our college is friendly and attentive to students' needs, and it is easy to get acquainted with other students, staff, and faculty.
668 N. Riverpoint Blvd Suite A
Spokane, WA 99202
Management Information Systems
Management Information Systems prepares students to design, implement, and manage business information systems. This major provides background in programming language, software for mainframe and microcomputers, database systems and systems analysis and design. The person who understands and manages information systems play a pivotal role in the success of any enterprise.
Students who complete a major in Management Information Systems will be able to:
- demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills in a business context, which usually involves non-technical departments and users;
- understand business domain knowledge, such as: accounting, finance, marketing, human resource management, logistics and supply chain, health care administration and IT management;
- acquire MIS technical skills, including programing principles, database principles, networking and data communications;
- demonstrate problem-solving abilities by applying MIS technical skills, including business application program design, business database design;
- demonstrate MIS project development skills through systems analysis and design and demonstrate MIS/IT project management skills and team skills.
Our business programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
What are the degree options?
The Department of Accounting and Information Systems offers a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration with a major in Management Information Systems.
What can I do with my degree?
A business oriented MIS degree opens a number of doors for you. Our graduates have been employed by large technical corporations such as Microsoft and EDS, by large government contractors, including SAIC and Boeing, and by government offices like the Defense Logistic Agency, as well as smaller local firms. Graduates of this program work in banks, cloud-computing-based data centers, and insurance companies.
Typical job titles include Systems Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst, and Financial Analyst. Entry level jobs include working the Help Desk, Inventory Systems Analyst, Network Assistant, and Support