- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
College of Business and Public Administration"Focusing on the region - open to the world."
We are pleased you decided to visit us, and hope you might come in person sometime soon. Our college is friendly and attentive to students' needs, and it is easy to get acquainted with other students, staff, and faculty.
668 N. Riverpoint Blvd., Suite A
Spokane, WA 99202-1677
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration - Management: General Business Option
Students interested in learning the basic theory and principles of business crucial to effective organizational performance and communication across business disciplines should consider the General Business Option. The student has the opportunity to study management, as applied to specific areas, including marketing, finance, operations management and management information systems.
The General Business Option is also offered at our Bellevue location on the Bellevue College campus. For more information on this program please see our Bellevue program page.
Students who complete the Management: General Business major will:
- know the vocabulary of the business disciplines;
- know the purpose and responsibilities of each business function: accounting, finance, human resource management, operations and marketing;
- be able to explain key business concepts in each of the business functions, such as the 4 P's of marketing, motivation theories, time-value of money and financial statements;
- be able to gather, prepare and analyze information necessary to make rational business decisions;
- be able to demonstrate judgment, communication skill and quantitative techniques necessary to solve typical business problems.
The College of Business and Public Administration has specific requirements for formal admission into the Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration (BAB) degree program. These requirements must be met before continuation into upper division business courses. Please see Undergraduate Business Advising for more information on formal admission requirements.
What will I study?
Courses taken for the General Business Option, beyond the required Business Administration core classes, are not counted double toward the Finance Major, the Marketing Major, the (Business) Economics Major, the Operations Management Option or the Human Resource Option.
Required Business Administration Core (69 Credits)
Required General Business Option Courses (8-9 credits)
BUED 302 Business Communications (4)
or TCOM 205 Introduction to Technical Communication (5) (formerly ENGL 205)
or CMST 351 Communicative Reasoning (5)
HUMR 328 Human Resource Management (4)
Electives (16 credits)
Select approved, related electives in consultation with your faculty advisor.