- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
College of Business and Public Administration
"Focusing on the region - open to the world."
We are pleased you decided to visit us, and hope you might come in person sometime soon. Our college is friendly and attentive to students' needs, and it is easy to get acquainted with other students, staff, and faculty.
668 N. Riverpoint Blvd., Suite A
Spokane, WA 99202-1677
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration - Management: Operations Management Option
Students who complete the Management: Operations Management Major will:
- know the vocabulary of the operations management discipline;
- be able to explain key operations management concepts such as operations strategy, planning, scheduling, processes and their relationship;
- be able to apply operations management concepts to solve operations management problems such as related to planning, scheduling, the supply chain and quality management;
- be able to calculate resource allocations using operations management tools and techniques and analyze performance using appropriate quantitative methods;
- be able to assess a company's resource needs based on weekly shifts in simulated operations performance.
The College of Business and Public Administration has specific requirements for formal admission into the Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration (BAB) degree program. These requirements must be met before continuation into upper division business courses. Please see Undergraduate Business Advising for more information on formal admission requirements.
What will I study?
Courses taken for the Operations Management option, beyond the required Business Administration core, are not counted double toward the Finance major, Marketing major, the (Business) Economics major, the Human Resource Management option, and the General Business option.
Required Business Administration Core (69 Credits)
Required Operations Management Option Courses (16 credits)
DSCI 446 Business Forecasting (4)
OPSM 425 Service and Operations Analysis (4)
OPSM 428 Global Supply Chain Management (4)
OPSM 441 Quality Management (4)
Electives (8-10 credits)
Select approved, related electives in consultation with your faculty advisor.