- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Business Administration (MBA)Contact Us
EWU's MBA program prepares graduates to make an immediate
impact on their current career or to prepare for a new career.
Advance your career with EWU's AACSB-accredited,
one-year MBA program.
668 N. Riverpoint Blvd, Suite A
Spokane, WA 99202
Proper advising is essential to your success and we encourage you to meet with us prior to applying.
Please be sure to contact the MBA office and let us answer any questions you may have.
To be admitted to the MBA Program, an applicant must hold a four-year baccalaureate business degree in any field of specialization from an accredited college or university (*non-business degree students see below) and meet the following requirements:
- GPA of 3.0 computed from the applicant's most recent 90 quarter or 60 semester graded hours
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score of at least 450 (or GRE equivalent);
GMAT may be waived if:
- Obtained a business degree from any AACSB accredited university with a GPA of 3.5 (most recent 90 quarter or 60 semester graded hours)
- At least 5 years of progressive professional experience in business (must be approved by the MBA director)
How to Apply
- Complete online application (expires after one academic year from admission term)
- Submit transcripts for all collegiate work completed;
- Submit GMAT/GRE scores (no more than 5 years old); (GMAT/GRE is not required to begin MBA foundation coursework)
- A $50 MBA application fee, in addition to the $50 graduate application fee; and
- Statement of intent demonstrating a level of knowledge and intellectual maturity appropriate to the MBA. Your statement should cover the following questions:
- Why do you want an MBA degree?
- What do you intend to do with it?
- Why do you think you are ready for the rigors of graduate school?
- Other information currently required by the MBA Program Director include the following:
- A current resume
- Admissions interview
- International students please follow additional instructions here.
If you hold a non-business undergraduate degree
If you do not have an undergraduate business degree admission can be gained after completing all or a portion of the MBA Foundation Courses. The complete program is 32 credits designed to be taken two courses at a time for one year, including summer. However, for fulltime students this may be accelerated.
If you are in need of completing any of the foundation coursework you should still apply directly to the graduate MBA program. Your undergraduate transcripts will be evaluated and you will be notified of any necessary foundation course requirements. Providing the GMAT test score is not required until you are ready to begin the graduate MBA coursework.