- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
College of Business and Public Administration
"Focusing on the region - open to the world."
We are pleased you decided to visit us, and hope you might come in person sometime soon. Our college is friendly and attentive to students' needs, and it is easy to get acquainted with other students, staff, and faculty.
668 N. Riverpoint Blvd. Suite A
Spokane, WA 99202
Master of Public Health
The College of Business and Public Administration offers a Masters in Public Health. The field of public health has been defined by the Institute of Medicine as:
- "an organized community effort to address public health by applying scientific and technical knowledge to promote health."
- public health focuses on broad community initiatives to promote health through efforts to protect the population's health status
- ewu's master of public health program is an interdisciplinary approach bringing together many disciplines to promote a broad intellectual framework for problem solving the challenges emerging in public health
- there are external influences such as the physical and social environment and internal factors such as behavior and genetic makeup which impact the status of an individual's health. These determinants of health define the role of public health in the healthcare delivery system
- the master of public health program strives to provide the student with the analytical and practical knowledge and skills to assume positions in improving the public's health and effective integration with healthcare delivery systems
What are the degree options?
In addition to a solid core foundation in public health, this program offers 4 track options:
- Health Services Administration
- Health Promotion
- American Indian Health Care and Community
Each track offers a unique focus on public health allowing the student to choose his or her area of interest.
What can I do with my degree?
Graduates of the MPH program would qualify for positions throughout the:
- government health related sectors
Graduates could fulfill a variety of roles including, but not limited to:
- health educators
- emergency management directors
- administrative service managers
- occupational health
- safety professionals
- environmental scientists and specialists
- community planners
- health and safety engineers
- supervisors of fire and prevention services