- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Dental HygieneWe are pleased you decided to visit us, and hope you might come in person sometime soon. Our department is friendly and attentive to students' needs, and it is easy to get acquainted with other students, staff, and faculty.
310 N Riverpoint Blvd., Suite 160
Spokane, WA 99202
How to Apply
Residents of some states are not eligible for this program at this time. Please visit our State Authorization page at http://www.ewu.edu/academics/stateauthorization to assure your residing state is eligible to participate in online learning. Please contact us if you have questions regarding these state restrictions.
It may be possible to allow applicants from these states to be admitted in the future. Please contact us if you have questions regarding these state restrictions.
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- BS in dental hygiene or related area from an accredited dental hygiene program in the U.S. or Canada
- (BA degrees will be considered on a case by case basis)
- Successful completion of the Dental Hygiene National Board examination or its Canadian equivalent
Joint Commission on National Dental Examination
211 East Chicago Avenue, Suite 1846
Chicago, Illinois 60611
- A current dental hygiene license in the U.S. or Canada
- Clearance of a criminal background check
- Current health care provider CPR certification
How to Apply:
- Contact Emilie Crawford, Program Specialist before applying! 509.828.1289 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply to EWU Graduate School.
- Apply through the ADEA Dental Hygiene Centralized Application Service (DHCAS). To learn more about the DHCAS application process, visit www.adeadhcas.org.
Application Fees: $50 to EWU- $50 to Dental Hygiene Department
Tuition: Please see the EWU tuition page
Online Delivery Fee: $25 per credit
Individual Course Delivery Fee: $50 to $100/course
Student Technology Fee: $35/quarter
Courses are offered on-line, with two required visits to the EWU Spokane Campus in Spokane WA. The first visit is 3 days and involves advanced clinical techniques, and patient treatment. The second visit is required for the thesis defense, typically closer to graduation.