- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Eastern Washington University is home to a vibrant campus community, engaged faculty and staff and active student clubs and organizations. University Marketing and Communications handles a wide variety of communications including media, both on- and off-campus. To find out more about what's going on at EWU, browse the selections below.
114 Showalter Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Tips on Networking
60-80% of jobs are gained through some form of networking, making it one of the most effective ways to link up with local professionals. Here are tips to finding alternatives opportunities in your area.
Take time to properly plan your career objectives
- EagleAXIS: Our career management system that includes a job, internship, and volunteer database; career counseling appointments; and career services events.
- Internships: Gain credit and career-related experience while building a professional network and working in a mentor relationship within your future field.
- Volunteering: Develop your community and your career skills at the same time by giving service to your community.
- On-campus employer recruiting: Check EagleAXIS for the most recent schedules.
- Career fairs and networking events: We offer major-related career fairs quarterly and networking events weekly. Check the Events calendar and EagleAXIS for more information.
- CRSV 210 (Career Exploration) & CRSV 298 (Professional Development)
Build your online community (Social Networking)
Networking has always been extremely important to professionals. If you use it correctly, it can be a powerful tool in searching for and advancing your career. Professional networking is not, however, like other forms of social media, good etiquette is required.
Take advantage of your community outlets
Don't sit at home. Search for career opportunities while you're out in social venues. This will give you more exposure as you search.
Look for upcoming events that you can attend or volunteer for.
i. EWU Alumni Association
ii. Spokane Convention Center's event page
iii. Greater Spokane Incorporated's event page
iv. Inland NW Inlander's event page
vi. Seattle PI's online events section