- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Career ServicesCareer Services educates to empower students to forge valuable connections between their college experiences and their personal and professional lives. We support and challenge EWU students to choose inspiring majors, gain significant experience, and prepare for their future careers.
114 Showalter Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Employer Recruiting Policies
By registering with EagleAXIS, Employers agree:
- That they are an equal opportunity employer and to abide by Eastern Washington University's Non-Discrimination Policy
- To follow guidelines set forth by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) in the Principles of Professional Conduct for Career Services and Employment Professionals and Position Statement: U.S. Internships
- To follow guidelines set forth by the Department of Justice in Best Practices for Online Job Postings
- To provide accurate and complete information to students concerning conditions of employment
- To interact with students, alumni and Career Services staff in a professional and ethical manner
Registration on EagleAXIS does not automatically enable employers to use EWU Career Services resources. Career Services staff members verify all employer registrations, and may use their professional discretion to limit recruiting activities for employers when information of concern is found during their research.
EEO/Affirmative Action & Non-Discrimination Policy
EWU is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Employers recruiting on campus will be expected to maintain EEO compliance and follow affirmative action principles during all recruitment activities.
In addition, as per EWU's Human Rights policy, Eastern Washington University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, age, marital status, families with children, honorably discharged veteran or military status or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability. We ask that any employer partners recruiting on campus maintain the same standards.
Employers affirm compliance with these requests when participating in any campus recruitment activity, including the posting of employment opportunities.
Third Party/Agency Recruitment Policy
Third party recruiters are required to follow guidelines set forth by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) in the Principles of Professional Conduct for Career Services and Employment Professionals, including:
- Disclosure of the name of client currently represented (5a) [EWU addendum: when requested by Career Services].
- Disclosure of additional information about client that allows Career Services to verify the presented opportunities (5b).
- No disclosure of any student information to a client without written permission from the student (6).
In addition, EWU requires that third party recruiters must register for EagleAXIS under the name of their current employer/recruiting firm, and not under their client's name.
All relevant policies can be found here.
Commission-Based Positions Policy
Employers offering commission-based positions may post job listings at The Career Center provided they abide by the following guidelines:
- Provide Career Services and/or interviewees of the specific manner in which remuneration is to be determined, when asked.
- Select "Commission" or "Base + Commission" as the Compensation Type.
- Follow all other EWU Career Services Recruiting Policies.
- For short-term internships (one to two quarters), students must have the option to also pursue academic credit for the experience.
On-Campus marketing positions such as Campus/Brand Ambassador
Because University facilities may not be used for private or commercial gain (exceptions noted here), employers seeking to hire students to market their services/products may not utilize EWU Career Services resources.
Restricted Recruiting Activities Policy
Eastern Washington University reserves the right to restrict or prohibit employer recruitment activities according to the following criteria:
- Adhere to EWU's Employer Recruiting Policies and honor scheduling arrangements and recruitment commitments.
- Supply accurate information regarding employment opportunities and compensation packages. If the organization needs to revoke its commitment, the organization must pursue a course of action that is fair and equitable to the affected candidate.
- Follow Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action principles during recruitment activities.
- Provide statictical information about their organization and the position, icluding but not limited to name, contact information, location, compensation, duties, and qualifications.
- Verify their service to the organization under consideration and provide a busness license number or non-profit status verification.
Employers may not:
- Engage in illegal activities as judged by a court of law in the United States.
- Offer opportunities in the adult entertainment industry, as defined by the Seattle Municipal Code.
- Hire for positions in an affected bargaining unit in an ongoing strike.
- Charge fees or require payment for placement services (not including application fees).
- Offer entrepreneurial opportunities requiring an investment or franchise management by potential candidates as a condition of employment.
- Offer positions with a piece work pay rate.
- Seek to employ models, actors, or any other performers traditionally hired through talent-based or casting methods.
Cancellations and/or Changes to Scheduled Events
Employers are requested to:
- Notify Career Services immediately regarding any changes or cancellations to scheduled events at 509.359.6365.
- When applicable, employers must also contact students currently scheduled for interviews. Employers canceling with less than 48 hours notice may request help from Career Services with contacting students.
- Career Services is unable to provide a refund to employers canceling less than one week prior to any paid events.