- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Career ServicesCareer Services educates to empower students to forge valuable connections between their college experiences and their personal and professional lives. We support and challenge EWU students to choose inspiring majors, gain meaningful experience, and prepare for their future careers.
114 Showalter Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
60-80% of jobs are gained through some form of networking, making it one of the most effective ways to link up with local professionals.
Don't sit at home. Search for career opportunities while you're out in public social venues. This will give you more exposure as you search for jobs and internships.
- EWU Alumni Association Young Professionals Network
- Student Activities, Involvement, and Leadership
- Spokane Young Professionals
Career Services offers many networking opportunities throughout the year. Whether it's through a career fair, meetup or attending a presentation, every social interaction is an opportunity to network.
Here are some other pages for events around the area:
- Spokane Convention Center's event page
- Greater Spokane Incorporated's event page
- Inland NW Inlander's event page
- Seattle PI's online event section
Online Community (Social Networking)
Social media takes networking to a higher level. If you use it correctly, it can be a powerful tool in searching for and advancing your career. Like other forms of professional networking, good etiquette is required.
- LinkedIn - Connect with colleagues and recruiters, follow organizations, share your experience, get endorsements and references, and showcase your expertise with article posts and links to projects.
- Twitter - Share your knowledge and connect with experts in your field of interest.Don't just favorite and retweet. Create a conversation!
- Field specific networks - Look for online communities that are specific to the field you're interested in and get involved by signing up, creating a profile, and connecting with other users.