- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
College of Social & Behavioral Sciences and Social WorkWelcome to our college.
121 Senior Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Brenda Dervin's Connecting with Specific Publics
Date and Time
Thursday, February 10th 2:00pm-4:00pm and Friday, February 11th 9:00am-11:00am
EWU Campus Monroe 207
SMM's Journey from Meta-theory to Methodology to Method
Thursday, February 10th 2:00pm-4:00pm
Workshop with graduate students and graduate faculty from Communication Studies, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Design, Social Work, Counseling, School Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Clinical Psychology
Sense-Making Methodology (SMM), now some 35 years in development, is built on an edifice of philosophic assumptions drawn from scholars working in diverse ( and sometimes seemingly incommensurate) terrains.
Friday, February 11th 9:00am-11:00am
Workshop "reaching out to diverse populations-community engagement with minority populations" including Women's and Gender Studies, Africana Education Program, Chicano Education Program, TRIO, Admissions, Pride Center, etc.
Upcoming & Past Events
- The Courage to Let Your Heart Break - Mindfulness and Compassion across Culture and Time - Dr. Russell Kolts, PhD, Psychology
- Imagining Iran: the Tragedy of Subaltern NationalismFeaturing: Dr. Majid Sharifi, Government & International Affairs
- "Misquoting Jesus- Discrepancies in Christian Scripture" an Evening with Bart Ehrman, PhD
- "The Spirit of the Academic World"featuringVenerable Prof. Geshe T. Phelgye
- CSBSSW presents our Fall Global Studies Lecture Series"Mexico, the Center of the World:Uncovering the Global and TransculturalHistory of Mexico"Featuring Dr. Edward Slack, HistoryDr. Jerry Garcia, Chicano Education StudiesDr. Joseph Lenti, History
- CSBSSW's Teach-In "2012 Election: The Choice is Yours!"
- Global Studies Lecture Series welcomes Dr. Romel Mackelprang