- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
College of Social & Behavioral Sciences and Social Work
Welcome to our college.
121 Senior Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Brenda Dervin's Connecting with Specific Publics
Date and Time
Thursday, February 10th 2:00pm-4:00pm and Friday, February 11th 9:00am-11:00am
EWU Campus Monroe 207
SMM's Journey from Meta-theory to Methodology to Method
Thursday, February 10th 2:00pm-4:00pm
Workshop with graduate students and graduate faculty from Communication Studies, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Design, Social Work, Counseling, School Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Clinical Psychology
Sense-Making Methodology (SMM), now some 35 years in development, is built on an edifice of philosophic assumptions drawn from scholars working in diverse ( and sometimes seemingly incommensurate) terrains.
Friday, February 11th 9:00am-11:00am
Workshop "reaching out to diverse populations-community engagement with minority populations" including Women's and Gender Studies, Africana Education Program, Chicano Education Program, TRIO, Admissions, Pride Center, etc.
Upcoming & Past Events
- "The Spirit of the Academic World" featuring Venerable Prof. Geshe T. Phelgye
- CSBSSW presents our Fall Global Studies Lecture Series "Mexico, the Center of the World: Uncovering the Global and Transcultural History of Mexico" Featuring Dr. Edward Slack, History Dr. Jerry Garcia, Chicano Education Studies Dr. Joseph Lenti, History
- CSBSSW's Teach-In "2012 Election: The Choice is Yours!"
- Global Studies Lecture Series welcomes Dr. Romel Mackelprang
- Global Studies Lecture Series welcomes Vandana Asthana