- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
College of Social & Behavioral Sciences and Social Work
Welcome to our college.
121 Senior Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Cinco De Mayo Celebration & Student/Parent Eduction Conference
Date and Time
May 2nd - May 6th
May 2 - Mr. Ricardo Sanchez, SEAMAR Community Health Clinic "Latino Education in the 21st Century"
PUB 204, 12:00-12:50PM
May 3 - Ms. Jessica Llamas, Medical School Student, Yakima "My Migrant Journey to Medical School"
205 Monroe Hall Lounge, 12:00-1:30PM
May 4 - CEP Student/Parent Conference - Ms. Maria Morales, PhD Student, Washington State University, Keynote Speaker (This event takes place throughout the day) "Kicking Society's Butt with an Educated Mind, Pero Con El Corazón Siempre Humilde." Showalter Auditorium, 10:00-11:00AM Educational Workshops (see schedule), Live music, Ballet Folklorico - EWU Mall,Piñata for the kids
May 5 - Mr. Joaquin Avila, Seattle University Law Professor "Cinco de Mayo-An Enduring Legacy"
137 Kingston Hall, 11:00-11:50AM
May 6 - Ms. Rosalinda Guillen, Executive Director, Community-to-Community Organization, Bellingham, WA. "Food Sovereignty and Farm Workers"
PUB 204, 11:00-12:00
Contact: Persons with Special needs may make arrangements for accommodations by calling 359.4845 three business days before the scheduled event.
Upcoming & Past Events
- "Misquoting Jesus- Discrepancies in Christian Scripture" an Evening with Bart Ehrman, PhD
- "The Spirit of the Academic World"featuringVenerable Prof. Geshe T. Phelgye
- CSBSSW presents our Fall Global Studies Lecture Series"Mexico, the Center of the World:Uncovering the Global and TransculturalHistory of Mexico"Featuring Dr. Edward Slack, HistoryDr. Jerry Garcia, Chicano Education StudiesDr. Joseph Lenti, History
- CSBSSW's Teach-In "2012 Election: The Choice is Yours!"
- Global Studies Lecture Series welcomes Dr. Romel Mackelprang