- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
College of Social & Behavioral Sciences and Social WorkWelcome to our college.
121 Senior Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Global Studies Lecture Series welcomes Vandana Asthana
Date and Time
Lunch: Noon-12:30 p.m. Lecture: 12:30-1:00 p.m.
The Walter and Myrtle Powers
2nd Floor, Hargreaves Hall
College of Social & Behavioral Sciences and Social Work.
Forum made possible by the generous support of the Daniel and Margaret Carper Foundation
Global Politics of Water
Power/Knowledge/Agency in Water Governance
Associate Professor, Government Department
Eastern Washington University
Water issues remain one of the major challenges in our contemporary world. The crisis of water commonly understood as water scarcity is currently recognized more as a crisis of governance. Admittedly, water is a transnational resource and impacts of the processes of globalization and transnational activism have led to the institutionalization of a system of Global Water Governance (GWG). This presentation explores the case study of water privatization in New Delhi, India, and demonstrates that in the processes of global water governance, power, knowledge and agency play a significant role in defining spaces of engagement that privilege certain voices and versions, and exclude others.
Lunch will be provided.
Those wishing to come at 12:30 for the lecture only are welcome, including student groups and classes.
Contact: CSBSSW 359-6081 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming & Past Events
- The Courage to Let Your Heart Break - Mindfulness and Compassion across Culture and Time - Dr. Russell Kolts, PhD, Psychology
- Imagining Iran: the Tragedy of Subaltern NationalismFeaturing: Dr. Majid Sharifi, Government & International Affairs
- "Misquoting Jesus- Discrepancies in Christian Scripture" an Evening with Bart Ehrman, PhD
- "The Spirit of the Academic World"featuringVenerable Prof. Geshe T. Phelgye
- CSBSSW presents our Fall Global Studies Lecture Series"Mexico, the Center of the World:Uncovering the Global and TransculturalHistory of Mexico"Featuring Dr. Edward Slack, HistoryDr. Jerry Garcia, Chicano Education StudiesDr. Joseph Lenti, History
- CSBSSW's Teach-In "2012 Election: The Choice is Yours!"
- Global Studies Lecture Series welcomes Dr. Romel Mackelprang