- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
College of Social & Behavioral Sciences and Social WorkWelcome to our college.
103 Patterson Hall
Cheney, WA 99004-2424
Financial Aid and Scholarships
Robert and Joan Nelson Scholarship - Full tuition (up to $5,000 per academic year) will be awarded to an undergraduate full-time student with a declared major in History. Please contact the EWU Foundation for more details at www.ewu.edu/Foundation.xml. Deadline mid-February.
Lynn G. Triplett Scholarship - $1000 scholarship for a History major interested in East Asia. The student must be a Junior or first-quarter Senior and have a 3.0 cumulative GPA. Applicants need to include a current official transcript; a copy of his/her best History research paper; and write a 1,000 word essay on the topic "Why the Study of History is Important" - and the essay must include a pun. Awardee must write a letter of thanks to the Triplett family. Deadline: April 25, 2013
History Faculty Scholarship - $1000 scholarship for a History or Social Studies Education major. The student must be a Junior or first-quarter Senior and have a 3.5 cumulative GPA. Applicants need to include a current official transcript; and a copy of his/her best History research paper. Deadline: April 25, 2013
Frances B. Huston Award (for outstanding academic achievement) - Scholarship for a graduating Senior nominated by a CSBS faculty member. Must have a minimum 3.75 GPA in the previous four quarters while demonstrating outstanding leadership and service to the community and university. Deadline: Usually mid to late April.
Carper Foundation College of Social & Behavior Sciences and Social Work Scholarship
Please visit http://www.ewu.edu/admissions/financial-aid/scholarships/other_scholarships.xml for more information.
The Daniel and Margaret Carper Foundation Scholarship is a one-year, $8,000 scholarship available to an undergraduate student studying in one of the eligible disciplines within the College of Social & Behavioral Sciences and Social Work at Eastern Washington University during the 2012-2013 academic year. The CSBSSW Scholarship Committee will select the student recipient from a screened list of applicants provided by the EWU scholarship office.
Students applying for the scholarship must meet the following criteria:
1. Student must be attending EWU full-time, and must have completed 60 credits of university course work.
2. Student must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or higher.
3. Student must have a declared major in one of the following disciplines within the College of Social & Behavioral Sciences and Social Work: Addiction Studies, Africana Education, Aging Studies, American Indian Studies, Anthropology, Chicano Education, Children's Studies, Communication Studies, Counseling, Educational and Developmental Psychology, Criminal Justice, Disability Studies, Geography, Government, History, Interdisciplinary Studies, International Affairs, Military Science, Psychology, Social Studies, Social Work, Sociology, and Women's & Gender Studies.
4. Student must have demonstrated financial need.
5. Preference shall be given to previous Carper scholarship recipients if they meet all other selection criteria and are undergraduates at EWU.