- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
George Santayana wrote, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." History provides knowledge for unlocking all other realms of human development. The study of history provides a solid foundation not only for history and social studies education majors, but for careers in law, business, government, international relations, journalism, library services and museums, to name but a few.
107 Robert Reid Lab
Cheney, WA 99004-6046
Phi Alpha Theta
Phi Alpha Theta is the national honor society for history. The national organization and local chapters promote the exchange of historical research and knowledge between its members, students and historians. The Omega Psi chapter at Eastern Washington University welcomes students who are interested in the understanding and teaching of history.
- Must have at least 18 quarter credits in history (or 4 courses)
- Must have a GPA of at least 3.1 in history and a 3.0 or better cumulative GPA.
- Must have at least 18 quarter credits toward their Master's Degree.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better.
*There is a $40.00 fee per student payable at the time of initiation.
*Membership in Phi Alpha Theta is a lifetime membership
* The annual Phi Alpha Theta regional conference allows students to present original research and meet other historians from around the Northwest. If you are interested in attending, the deadline for abstracts is in early February. You must be a registered member of the national Phi Alpha Theta organization to take part. For more information please visit phialphatheta.org.
* The Omega Psi chapter offers a rotating calendar of social and academic events. For more information, visit our Facebook page or the history department announcement board outside of Robert Reid Lab 107.
Academic Year 2011-2012:
For more information, visit our Facebook page or the history department announcement board outside of Robert Reid Lab 107.
Current Officers for the Omega Psi Chapter, 2011-2012:
President: Liz McNutt
Vice President: Ty Omlin
Treasurer: Kaili Payne
Secretary: Tanya Bailey
Historian: Clayton Hanson
Phone: (509) 359-2337
Professor Ann Le Bar
129B Robert Reid Lab School
Phone: (800) 394-8195 or (813) 974-8215
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWebsite: http://www.phialphatheta.org