- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
PsychologyPsychology is a diverse discipline, grounded in science, aimed to understand human behavior. While some are basic researchers who develop and test theories, others apply the discipline’s scientific knowledge to help people, organizations, and communities.
135 Martin Hall, Cheney, WA 99004
Psi Chi Membership
You can pick up a membership application and registration card at the Psi Chi office door (MAR 135B) or click here to download the membership form and click here to download the registration card. You will need to fill out both sheets of information and attach an open copy of your SOAR audit.
Becoming a Member
Membership in Psi Chi is open to those who are making the study of psychology one of their major interests. Both undergraduate and graduate students who have registered for major or minor standing in psychology may be eligible for membership.
Eligibility for undergraduates includes:
- Completion of 5 quarters of college course
- Completion of 14 quarter hours in psychology courses
- Have a minimum psychology GPA of 3.3 (on a 4.0 scale) and a cumulative EWU GPA of 3.0
Eligibility for graduate students includes:
- Minimum overall cumulative average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in all graduate courses
Students and faculty are elected to membership according to the provisions in the national Psi Chi Constitution. Membership in Psi Chi is open to qualified candidates of any age, sex, sexual orientation, race, handicap or disability, color, religion, and national and ethnic origin.
- Lifetime references (this service alone is worth the investment).
- Resume-Building experience.
- A Springboard for Professional growth. Members have the opportunity to promote their research.
- Networking and leadership development.
- More than $225,000 in awards and grants for its student members, faculty advisors, and chapters.
- Lifetime Membership