- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
College of Social & Behavioral Sciences and Social WorkWelcome to our college.
204P Patterson Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
- Understand chronology and cause-and-effect relationships in U.S., world and Washington State history;
- Understand the core principles of U.S. democracy and understand the rights and responsibilities of citizenship;
- Understand major developments, eras and turning points in U.S., world and Washington State history;
- Explain the spatial arrangements of people, places and environments using maps, charts and other tools;
- Use sources of information such as historical documents and artifacts to investigate and understand historic occurrences;
- Understand monetary systems, consequences of economic choices and infuence of government policies upon the economy.
What are the degree options?
The program is supported by the following departments: Geography/Anthropology, Economics, Government, History, and Sociology. Students interested in pursuing an in-depth study of social science or social studies education should consult with the Social Studies Program director to develop an individual program of study and field experience. One major and one minor program in social studies education are available at the elementary level. Fifth-year programs for both elementary and secondary are also offered by the program.
Living History Institute website.
Certification Information for Social Studies Education:
Fifth-Year Programs - All Levels
The student should consult with an advisor to develop a program of studies in areas where teaching experience indicates a need for concentration or expansion.
Endorsements Associated with Baccalaureate Majors and Minors: Social Studies/Secondary (BAE) major satisfies the Primary Endorsement: 4-12.
Social Studies Education, 4-12. Constitutes a primary endorsement for those possessing a BA in one of the social studies.
What can I do with my degree?
- Human Resources Assistant
- Urban Planner
- Court Reporter
- Social Worker