Skip to main content
Apply Now


Here are the most frequently asked questions regarding the Child Welfare Training and Advancement Program at EWU:

Do I have to be a Children's Administration employee in the state of Washington to participate?

No, you do not have to be an employee to apply for CWTAP.

How is tuition paid?

CWTAP pays EWU directly for the percentage of tuition that is covered.

What is my obligation after I graduate?

Once employed by Children's Administration in the state of Washington, you are required to work in the agency for the same amount of time that you received assistance from EWU.

For my Field Practicum will I be placed in a DCFS office?

Yes, all CWTAP students complete their practicum in a DCFS office.

Is my MSW degree the same as another student's MSW degree who is not in the CWTAP Program?

Yes, the main difference is that you complete your practicum in child welfare.

Am I guaranteed a job with the state of Washington once I graduate?

No, there are no guarantees that you will secure employment with CA after graduation.
© 2015 Eastern Washington University
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.