- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
School of Social Work
The School of Social Work embraces the mission of Eastern Washington University to expand opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning. We are committed to placing students first and engaging community partners in improving the lives of people in need while advancing the cause of social justice. The BASW and MSW Programs are accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
2005 Ironwood Parkway #200
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814-2466
ICWRTC Application Process
The first step is to apply to the EWU BA http://www.ewu.edu/csbssw/programs/social-work/social-work-degrees/basw or Master of Social Work Program http://www.ewu.edu/csbssw/programs/social-work/social-work-degrees/msw.
An application must be either accepted or pending before applying to the Child Welfare Scholars Program.
The following forms are required to complete the application process:
- Child Welfare Scholars Application.
- If a current CFS employee, complete CFS Employee Certification Form .
- Copy of your acceptance letter to the Eastern Washington University Social Work Program from the Graduate Studies Office.
- Provide two letters of reference that support the applicant's suitability for a career in child welfare:
o Full time CFS employees: One of the two letters of reference must come from the employee's next level supervisor and be approved by the program manager for release time from their job to complete their field placement requirements. The second letter of reference must come from one of the following: 1) community agency representative with good working knowledge of the applicant, 2) previous supervisor, or 3) university instructor or academic advisor.
o Non-CFS employees: It is recommended that one of the two letters come from a current or former supervisor. The second letter of reference must come from one of the following:1) community agency representative with good knowledge of the applicant, 2) previous supervisor, or 3) university instructor or academic advisor.
- Submit a type-written, two-page essay on your commitment to pursue a career in child welfare and how you will make a professional contribution in a direct service or administrative role within CFS. This essay should provide thoughtful, comprehensive goal statements about: 1) leadership, 2) commitment, 3) relationship capacity, 4) ethics and 5) customer service.
- Submit to a criminal history background check (including fingerprinting) and a Child Abuse and Neglect Registry check through your AFI at CFS.
How to Apply:
Submit application materials with original signatures to the Child Welfare Scholars Coordinator http://www.icwrtc.org/staff-directory/jenny-sheffield
Jenny Sheffield, LCSW
Idaho Child Welfare Research & Training Center
2005 Ironwood Parkway #200
Coeur d'Alene ID 83814-2466
208) 676.1186 x3411