- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
School of Social Work
The School of Social Work embraces the mission of Eastern Washington University to expand opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning. We are committed to placing students first and engaging community partners in improving the lives of people in need while advancing the cause of social justice. The BASW and MSW Programs are accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
2005 Ironwood Parkway #200
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814-2466
Idaho Child Welfare Training & Research Center - ICWRTC Eligiblity
Child Welfare Scholars Eligibility Criteria
- Demonstrate a commitment to pursue a career in child welfare.
- Must be admitted to a bachelor or master level social work program at Eastern Washington University http://www.ewu.edu/csbssw/programs/social-work/social-work-degrees/msw and remain in good academic standing.
- Pass a criminal history background check and child abuse registry check.
- If currently employed by IDHW, be continuously employed full-time for at least one year prior to application.
- IDHW employees must have approval from their supervisor and program manager for release time from their job to complete their field placement requirements.
- Provide professional references from current and next level supervisors and one of the following:
- Community agency representative with good knowledge of the applicant.
- Previous supervisor.
- University instructor or academic advisor.
- Participate in a practicum placement interview with CFS staff and be approved for a practicum placement.
- Have a field placement approved by the Scholars Coordinator.