- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
College of Science, Health & Engineering
The College of Science, Health and Engineering (CSHE) is comprised of 15 programs of study spread over 11 departments, all with steadily increasing student enrollments.
138 Communications Building
Cheney, WA 99004
Below is a list of the College of Science, Health and Engineering initiatives which would benefit from support of our CSHE alumni.
- Dean's Excellence Fund
- Start Something Big - Some of our current initiatives:
- Convert in-house Communication Disorders clinic to a free clinic. Community members in the greater Spokane will receive services at no cost.
- Create a regional augmentative and alternative communication clinic. Would make services available for people in eastern Washington, who currently have to travel to the west side of the state.
- Science media and discovery center. Media classroom with live-feed telecommunications for science education and outreach. Students from EWU and the community will be able to have media-driven science education programs delivered to them at this facility.
- Develop degree programs that respond to the needs of the health industry, to be able to analyze large databases of patient medical information. Health informatics is currently getting a a lot of focus in the region and across the country.
- Biomedical research and education center with nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, currently unavailable in Spokane-area universities.
- Tutoring centers for mathematics, science, computing, engineering, and health sciences. Peer-mentor tutoring centers would utilize our best and brightest as peer tutors to assist students with their success in math and science.
- Center for scanning electron microscopy. Interdisciplinary center for state-of-the-art research and graduate instruction in programs such as geology, engineering, dental hygiene, biology and chemistry.
- Design center to provide greater ties with industry and better prepare students for the workforce, which could include contract work.
- Endowed scholarship for women in computing and engineering sciences. To attract more women to high-tech fields with significant scholarships that cover a significant part of their tuition.
- Geographic information systems center. Would establish a regional database repository, create a focal point for GIS studies on campus for student instruction, research and employment, enhance faculty research and teaching and the ability to offer contract services both in-house and to the community.
- Equipment Endowment - Through a Kresge Foundation challenge grant, which included $250,000 to establish an endowment for maintenance and replacement of scientific equipment in the School of Computing & Engineering Sciences, we have raised over $670,000. Click here for a video presentation (requires RealPlayer - click here to download RealPlayer). (MORE)
- Science Olympiad - Since 1991, Eastern has hosted 13 Science Olympiad tournaments, including the national tournament in 2000. These tournaments are rigorous interscholastic competitions for junior high and high school students, consisting of individual and team events that students prepare for during the year. This has been an excellent and exciting way to encourage future scientists.
- Undergraduate and Graduate Scholarships - Students are often unable to meet the cost of furthering their education. Scholarships for students help us fulfill our mission of preparing technologically proficient graduates for the workforce.
- Program Support - There is always a need for gifts that help us create excellence.
- Biology undergraduate and graduate programs
- Chemistry/Biochemistry undergraduate program
- Communication Disorders undergraduate program
- Computer Science undergraduate and graduate programs
- Dental Hygiene undergraduate program
- Engineering & Design undergraduate program
- Environmental Science undergraduate program
- Geology undergraduate program
- Mathematics undergraduate and graduate programs
- Occupational Therapy graduate program
- Physical Therapy doctoral program
- Physics undergraduate program
- School of Computing and Engineering Sciences
Other Giving Opportunities
- Endowed Professorships/Chairs - Distinguished Professorships/Chairs allow us to recruit an outstanding pool of candidates and would provide these kinds of positions with supplemental funding for teaching and research activities.