- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
We are pleased you decided to visit us, and hope you might come in person sometime soon. Our department is friendly and attentive to students' needs, and it is easy to get acquainted with other students, staff, and faculty.
310 N Riverpoint Blvd., Suite 160
Spokane, WA 99202
How to Apply
Residents of some states are not eligible for this program at this time. Those states include: AL, AR, CO, FL, IA, KY, MA, MN, MT, NC, NE, NV, OH, OK, PA, TN, UT, WI
It may be possible to allow applicants from these states to be admitted in the future. Please contact us if you have questions regarding these state restrictions.
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- BS in dental hygiene or related area from an accredited dental hygiene program in the U.S. or Canada
- (BA degrees will be considered on a case by case basis)
- Successful completion of the Dental Hygiene National Board examination or its Canadian equivalent
Joint Commission on National Dental Examination
211 East Chicago Avenue, Suite 1846
Chicago, Illinois 60611
- A current dental hygiene license in the U.S. or Canada
- Submission of an essay on a topic provided by the Department of Dental Hygiene
- Clearance of a criminal background check
- Current health care provider CPR certification
- Completion of a 4 or 5 credit statistics course (click on the link to download statistical course options)
How to Apply:
(please note application proceedures have changed):
- Must apply to EWU Graduate School.
- The Dental Hygiene department at Eastern Washington University will participate in the ADEA Dental Hygiene Centralized Application Service, known as DHCAS, beginning in August 2013. applicants applying to the Master of Science in Dental Hygiene program for Fall 2014 will apply online using the DHCAS application. To learn more about DHCAS application process, visit www.adeadhcas.org.
Application Fees: $50 to EWU- $50 to Dental Hygiene Department
In-State Tuition: $3,445/quarter
Out-of State Tuition: $7,993.67 /quarter
Online Delivery Fee: $25 per credit
Individual Course Delivery Fee: $50 to $100/course
Student Technology Fee: $35/quarter
Courses are offered on-line, with two required visits to the EWU Riverpoint Campus in Spokane WA. The first visit is one week long and involves advanced clinical techniques, and patient treatment. The second visit is required for the thesis defense, or presentation of the graduate research project.