- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
We are pleased you decided to visit us, and hope you might come in person sometime soon. Our department is friendly and attentive to students' needs, and it is easy to get acquainted with other students, staff, and faculty.
310 N Riverpoint Blvd. Box T
Spokane, WA 99202-1675
Why Choose Eastern?
The curriculum is designed to prepare leaders for the profession of physical therapy whose focus of practice is to diagnose and manage movement dysfunction and enhance the physical and functional abilities of the clients they serve.
The curriculum consists of 11 sequenced quarters of full-time attendance. Basic science courses and physical therapy skill courses are taught in the first academic year. A clinical internship is offered in the summer after the first academic year. In the second year clinical science courses integrate medical science knowledge through increasingly complex client scenarios.
Within the clinical science courses, students address client problems in a format consistent with the five elements of patient care (examination, evaluation, diagnosis, prognosis, and intervention) which are described in the Guide to Physical Therapist Practice. These elements of patient care are used to address client problems in each of the four practice patterns which include patients with musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, cardiopulmonary or integumentary disorders.
Professional seminars are embedded in the curriculum, as are courses in evidence-based practice and clinical research.
Students will successfully complete a comprehensive examination at the end of the second year to advance to the final three 10 week clinical internships.
Class sizes are restricted each year to ensure optimal student learning, thus enabling each student to receive comprehensive instructional and clinical experiences.
- First time pass rate on licensing exam is 100% (Compared to national average of 76%)
- Physical Therapy Department is in a new facility with state-of-the-art research and anatomy labs
- Diverse faculty is nationally recognized and respected within the profession
- EWU has one of the lowest DPT tuition rates in the country
- Consumers Digest ranks EWU as a national top 50 value
- There are over 300 clinical internship sites from which to choose (including Hawaii and Alaska)
- You'll have opportunities for supporting and challenging activities with students in other healthcare programs
- EWU physical grads have earned a reputation of excellence and are sought as employees in the profession
- Spokane has ski resorts an hour away, over 100 lakes nearby, is the largest healthcare center between Minneapolis and Seattle and is bike friendly.