- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
College of Social SciencesProviding all students with a strong liberal arts education in traditional and applied social sciences which includes emphases in multicultural, communicative, interdisciplinary and international perspectives on society and the world.
121 Senior Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
The College of Social Sciences is where...
- The declaration of a major marks the beginning of a process of personal transformation giving way to lifelong learning and civic involvement.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to learn and teach across disciplines.
- Faculty and students are increasingly engaged in scholarly-based community involvement.
- Communities within the region come to view the college as their resource.
To provide all students with a strong liberal arts education in traditional and applied social sciences which includes emphases in multicultural, communicative, interdisciplinary and international perspectives on society and the world.
- To enable students to make life-long contributions to the social, political and economic development of the region, the country and the world.
- To provide strong theoretical skills and research oriented major, minor and interdisciplinary programs at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- To prepare individuals for professional success in a wide variety of career choices.
- To engage the community in ways that empower local peoples and institutions and raise the profile and reputation of the university.
The CSS vision is to deliver innovation in teaching, research and community engagement to our students by offering enhanced quality programs including departments, interdisciplinary programs and centers that serve the dual purpose of providing a broad liberal arts education and fulfilling unique niches in the state and in the region.
To fulfill our vision we will:
- Hire, retain and reward the highest quality faculty to maintain and improve excellence in teaching, professional activity and service to the university and community.
- Recruit, retain, and graduate students from diverse backgrounds who will benefit from the rich and deep educational value of the behavioral and social sciences and social Work and the mastery of their particular discipline.
- Excellence in the creation of a learning environment that is safe, encouraging and inspiring
- Investment in our students' educational growth, well-being and transformation
- Commitment to interdisciplinarity and foundational disciplines in social sciences
- Respect for the intellectual integrity of one's own field as well as others and the diversity of ideas
- Leading and collaborating in teaching, scholarship and service
- Encourage the pursuit of individual excellence
- Commitment to the pursuit of social justice through learning and community engagement
Follow this link to view the CSS Programs of Study