- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
College of Social SciencesProviding all students with a strong liberal arts education in traditional and applied social sciences which includes emphases in multicultural, communicative, interdisciplinary and international perspectives on society and the world.
121 Senior Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Brenda Dervin's Connecting with Specific Publics
Date and Time
Thursday, February 10th 8:00am-11:00am
Les Scwab Room, Spokane Arena, Spokane WA
Connecting with Specific Publics:
What do They "Really" Think, Want, Need, Experience, Feel?
8:00 Continental Breakfast
RSVP call 509.359.6081 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Human beings, both when acting and individuals and wehn organized as collectives, always have what they consider to be ideas, facts, opinions that must be shared with others. The problem. however, is that every word "must" lead to thinking about communication as persuasion and/or message tranfer.
Instructional Workshop for a smaller group of this audience on using SMM (Sense-Making Methology) to better understand the user in strategic enrollment management, advancement, information campaigns, alumni development, etc.
Upcoming & Past Events
- Global Studies Lecture Series
- Historian Ari Kelman to Visit EWU
- Dr. Jared Diamond - The World Until Yesterday
- Tim Wise, Scholar and Philosopher to present at EWU
- The Courage to Let Your Heart Break - Mindfulness and Compassion across Culture and Time - Dr. Russell Kolts, PhD, Psychology
- Imagining Iran: the Tragedy of Subaltern NationalismFeaturing: Dr. Majid Sharifi, Government & International Affairs
- "Misquoting Jesus- Discrepancies in Christian Scripture" an Evening with Bart Ehrman, PhD