- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
College of Social SciencesProviding all students with a strong liberal arts education in traditional and applied social sciences which includes emphases in multicultural, communicative, interdisciplinary and international perspectives on society and the world.
121 Senior Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Idaho Child Welfare Research & Training Center (ICWRTC)
The Idaho Child Welfare Research & Training Center is the physical center that supports the Idaho children and families through various contracts between Idaho Department of Health and Welfare Division of Family and Community Services (FACS) and Eastern Washington University and School of Social Work.
Center Mission and Values:
The Idaho Child Welfare Research & Training Center supports positive outcomes for children and their families in the State of Idaho through
- Comprehensive training and education
- Innovative program planning
- Recruitment and development of resource families
- Providing support services
- Maximize resource development
To accomplish this mission, the University and IDHW participate in collaborative efforts to meet training, education, support and resource objectives.
- Honor the principles of the empowerment process through practice.
- Provide context relevant training.
- Foster dignity and respect among coworkers, partners, trainees, youth, resource parents and the children and families they serve.
- Honor experience at every level.
- Provide a context where social work students are prepared to accept leadership positions, implement strengths-focused interventions, and collaborate with agencies and community partners in public child welfare practice.
- Encourage partnerships, collaboration, and integration of services to provide a best-practice service delivery system for children and families.