- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
International Field Studies (IFS)International Field Studies is an opportunity for students to earn college credit while traveling abroad in subjects such as: art, history, photography, leadership, etc.
300 Senior Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
International Field Studies (IFS)
Traveling away from home, meeting new people, and learning about different cultures will open up a whole new world for you. Working with educational travel programs, Eastern Washington University's International Field Studies Program has developed courses to help you get the most out of your travel experience.
Courses are designed to:
- Enhance students' understanding of other cultures
- Help students gain confidence in themselves as world observers
- Encourage student appreciation of higher education as an important partner in achieving goals
- Provide students with an academic transcript containing college level courses to help them stand out in today's highly-competitive university admission process
- Enroll today and challenge yourself to get as much value from your experience as you can!
- Students in grades seven or eight are eligible for one-credit options in the available courses. Students in grades nine or above may enroll for up to 12 credits.
- You can register at any time; although, it is best to register 10 or more days before departure.
Click here to view general information for all courses.
Tuition is $245.73 per credit. You will receive an email with your EWU ID number and the link to pay your fees on EagleNET. Late fees are assessed at 5:00pm on the 6th day of instruction.
Courses for Students
ART 199A: World of Arts 3 or 5 credits
ART 199A: World of Arts, an Introduction 1 - 2 credits
HIST 199C: Comparing Cultures and Societies 1 - 5 credits
HIST 199D: Comparing Domestic Cultures and Societies 1 - 5 credits
JRNM 199M: Mass Media and Cultures 3 or 5 credits
JRNM 199P: Photography for Communicating Experiences 3 credits
SOST 199E: Exploring Cultural Diversity: A Focus on Communications 3 credits
SOST 199L: Leadership in the 21st Century: Communicating for Success 1 or 3 credits
HIST 399C: Comparing Cultures and Societies 3 or 5 credits
SOST 399P: Cultural Diversity for Pre-Professionals 3 or 5 credits
Courses for Teachers
ART 499A: World of Arts 5 credits
EDUC 499G: Cross-Cultural Curriculum Development: Group Leader 2 credits
HIST 499C: Comparing Cultures and Societies 3 or 5 credits
SOST 499C: Educational Group Travel Methods for the Conference Facilitator 3 or 5 credits
SOST 499E: Cultural Diversity for the Educator 5 credits
SOST 499P: Cultural Diversity for Professional 5 credits
SOST 499T: Educational Group Travel Methods for the Teacher 3 credits
For questions or concerns, please call (509) 359-6256 PT or toll free at (800) 541-2125 PT or email at email@example.com.