- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Welcome to Eastern Washington University Graduate Studies. Eastern offers affordable graduate programs from the health sciences to education and from creative writing to business administration.
206 Showalter Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
All applicants must apply to EWU via the following link (Note: Interdisciplinary master's degree applicants should contact the Graduate Studies Office for more information on the application process). Please check individual departmental pages for any required supplemental materials. Links to the departmental pages can be found under the 'Graduate Programs' link to the left.
Note: If the admissions page does not load, follow the instructions on the EagleNET homepage.
More information for international applicants can be found on the International Graduate Students page.
Note: Complete applications for programs with quarterly admission are due in the Graduate Studies Office no fewer than three weeks before the start of classes for the intended enrollment term. International students should begin the application process at least six months before the start of a given term and should review the specific application deadlines found on the International Graduate Students page. Many programs have earlier deadlines that supersede these Graduate Studies Office deadlines. See the list of Graduate Degrees or Graduate Certificates for program-specific deadline information.
To view PDF forms, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader, a free download.
|Application Information Packet||.doc|
|Interdisciplinary Instructions and Forms||.doc|
|International Supplemental Application||.doc|
|Non-degree Seeking Graduate Application||.doc|
|Application for Re-Admission||.doc|
|Application for Graduate Service Appointment||.doc|
|Application for Graduate Travel Award Form||.doc|
General Admission Procedures
General application procedures are described below. However, individual programs often have additional requirements such as a statement of purpose, supplemental application or portfolio. Descriptions of program-specific application requirements can be found on the program pages listed in Graduate Degrees or Graduate Certificates, in the university catalog or by contacting individual departments. Please note that all supplemental application requirements should be sent directly to the appropriate department you are applying for.
- Apply online and submit the $50 application fee. (Only one fee is assessed for dual-degree applicants.)
- Submit one copy of official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. Students who have previously been admitted to Eastern should submit transcripts only from schools attended since their previous EWU admission, if any.
- Submit official score reports from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test, if required by the department, or score reports from the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), for MBA applicants. See the GRE website or the GMAT website for detailed information about these tests, including testing locations and the registration process.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the most recent 90 quarter or 60 semester graded credits of postsecondary academic course work. For students who do not meet this standard, the vice provost for Graduate Education may, with the written recommendation of the program director, approve admission based upon considerations which include GRE or other test scores, performance in relevant graduate courses and faculty evaluations.
- Applicants must be recommended by the major department and approved by the vice provost for Graduate Education for admission.
- International applicants whose first language is not English must submit a TOEFL score of at least 92 on the iBT or 580 on the paper-based test, a PTE Academic score of at least 63 or an IELTS score of at least 7.0. Applicants with an English language test score below the qualifying level may enroll provisionally while studying for English proficiency. More information is available at the international graduate students page. International applicants who have earned an undergraduate degree from an accredited postsecondary institution in the U.S. are not required to submit an English language test score as part of their application.