- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
College of Business and Public Administration
Focusing on the region – Open to the World.
206 Showalter Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
The Eastern Washington University Masters of Public Health supports the mission of the university by preparing students to meet the growing demands of population health in improving the health of all communities throughout the region, the nation, and the globe. The goal of the program is to provide a highly trained and educated workforce for the numerous public and private settings needing public health workers. The program strives to provide affordable, flexible, and practical educational experiences that promote community sustainability. The program offers rigorous interdisciplinary coursework in health promotion, epidemiology, health services administration, and American Indian health. Community engagement through projects and internships is a key component of the program providing opportunities for application of knowledge gained in the program.
Special Program Requirements
In order to apply for admission to the MPH program, one is required to send to the MPH office:
1. A current resume;
2. A short career plan essay answering the following questions:
- What does public health mean to you?
- What have you done that shows public health service is an important part of your life?
- Why would you like to pursue or further develop a service career in public, non-profit, or health services administration with a public health emphasis?
3. Three letters of recommendation.
4. Proof of a healthcare credential if it is possessed.
5. Basic Statistics class or equivalent in current job duties.
This material is required in order to complete the Internal MPH Supplemental Application.
Spokane, WA. 99224
For faster processing of your application, we encourage online submission. You may apply online for graduate admission through EagleNET, Eastern Washington University's student services web site.