- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Graduate ProgramsWelcome to Eastern Washington University Graduate Studies. Eastern offers affordable graduate programs from the health sciences to education and from creative writing to business administration.
206 Showalter Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
2015 Commencement Information
Commencement is a formal ceremony which derives from a tradition established by institutions of higher education over hundreds of years. The ceremony is a dignified and joyous occasion that conveys the respect society feels toward those who have worked so hard to reach their academic achievements. Commencement honors degree recipients and their families, many of whom have made considerable sacrifices, so that these moments may be savored. During the program, each graduate is recognized by name when crossing the stage to receive his/her diploma cover.
2015 Commencement will be Saturday, June 13, 2015:
- The 9:00 a.m. ceremony will be for both Graduate and Baccalaureate students in the College of Social & Behavioral Sciences and Social Work and in the College of Business and Public Administration.
- The 2:00 p.m. ceremony will be for both Graduate and Baccalaureate students in the College of Science, Health & Engineering and the College of Arts, Letters & Education.
- Click here for detailed information on departments in each college.
- Regalia items (cap, gown, hood, etc.) are available at the EWU bookstore.
- "Like" us on facebook for up-to-date information on the 2015 commencement ceremonies.
- Out of respect for each other and the solemnity of the occasion, graduates and guests are asked to stay for the entire ceremony.
- The ceremony is expected to last two hours.
- All graduates should wear the appropriate academic cap and gown.
- There will be a 3x5 card and a pencil on your chair at the ceremony. Please write your name as you want it read. If your name is difficult to pronounce, please write it phonetically. This card is handed to the reader at the platform so that the graduate's name may be called.
- Doctoral and master's candidates will be hooded prior to receiving the diploma cover and should carry their hoods to the lineup and in the Grand March.