- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
214 Showalter Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Enhancing the value, image and visibility of Eastern Washington University through 14 university-sponsored intercollegiate athletic programs for men and women student-athletes
In the coming years, the division will focus on:
- Leveraging athletics for increased community engagement and regional and national visibility.
- Enhancing Athletics' role as the "window to the university" through improved marketing initiatives.
- Assuring an inclusive, diverse, gender-equal environment among student-athletes and Athletics staff.
- Enhancing infrastructure, aesthetics and "storytelling" in athletic facilities and offices.
- Improving internal operations through enhanced interdepartmental communication.
- Creating an environment that supports staff enrichment.
- Making the experience of being an EWU student-athlete one that makes our people proud to be an Eagle.
- Improving the athletic and academic performance of each team and program.
Key actions to support this vision include:
- Placing annually in the top four of the Big Sky Conference President's Trophy standings.
- Reaching a minimum of 25 million households annually through broadcasts and podcasts of Eastern games.
- Adding a "Diversity Week" to the Life Skills Course to discuss how the topic affects student-athletes' success at the university.
- Increasing annual giving to the scholarship fund and revenue of special events.
- Creating a systematic approach to hiring and retaining employees.
- Bringing speakers, leadership materials and industrywide knowledge to staff and coaches meetings.
- Hosting an annual Welcome Back event and an end-of-the year awards event for student-athletes.
- Establishing and maintaining good recruiting connections throughout the state, in Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) states, and foreign countries of previous recruits.