- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Inspiring the Future
"The strategic plan for Eastern Washington University, 'Inspiring the Future,' will provide an exciting chance to take a fresh look at EWU's future vision, values and direction, reaffirming what is important to the institution, while looking at new directions and opportunities for transformation." – President Rodolfo Arévalo, PhDStrategic Plan
214 Showalter Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Business and Finance
Providing stewardship of the university's human, financial, and physical resources
In the coming years, the division will focus on:
- Supporting student success through a safe, healthy and supportive environment.
- Driving customer value through the delivery of exceptional service.
- Supporting EWU as an institution of innovation through operational excellence.
- Increasing the diversity of the Business and Finance Division workforce by attracting and retaining highly qualified and diverse staff members.
- Improving sustainability universitywide through the adoption of best practices.
- Enhancing EWU's visibility through increased awareness of Business and Finance's activities and achievements.
Key actions to support this vision include:
- Increasing campus safety with targeted community outreach and new technologies.
- Building a diverse workforce through EWU community job fairs and diversity sensitivity training.
- Improving facility management, campus recycling and energy conservation programs.
- Adopting best practices in finance, reporting and human resource management.
- Increasing efficiencies through implementation of paperless financial processes and electronic personnel files.
- Improving residential experience with enhanced food quality, selection and variety.
- Developing comprehensive operational plans in all units.